Tuesday, September 15, 2009

One for the night II.

Sometimes I just write random blog posts before I sleep and this is one of those times.

I’ve been listening to a lot of hip-hop and rap recently with Jay-Z getting rediscovered. I forgot how sick the American Gangster album was.  The performance of “Run This Town” on tonight’s new Jay Leno show was also very good. I don’t really give a f*** what Kanye does in his free time – his performance was strong. What can I say? Roc-a-fella has their sh** together.

I’m not going to write too much about work other than the fact that I may have to change jobs soon due to random restructuring up top. People are still hiring and I have some experience so I’ll see where those leads … lead.

Right now, I’m still adjusting to this post-college world – waking up in the eary morn’, meeting deadlines, being serious, haha. Hell, it’s not so bad at all. I’m saving up some money to move out maybe early next year. I really (spelled: hella) want to move back into the City. I’d eat PPQ like.. 6 times a week. Straight. But honestly, to afford 1.8k/month rent, I’m gonna have to split the space with someone. That person knows who they (grammatically incorrect on purpose) are.

Here’s the thing I’ve realized about life after school. It ain’t the end. Life is still dynamic – plans can be made, weekends can be maximized and excitement can still go down. In fact, with steady cashflow, the possibilities are greatly enhanced. I know a lot of you out there are still looking for work in this quasi-depression job market of ours. All I can tell you is, to keep trying. I threw out about 50 resumes for 4 interviews, 1 offer, 1 job. Keep chuggin’ along and something will come your way. I promise.

In the end, you all know me. I’m in a solid relationship and so life is good. Hell, my job security is insanely uncertain, but all is well. Haha, I’m such a sucker. But who the f cares? As long as we’re personally good with it right? If I owe anyone a drink, now is the time to claim, just FYI.

Otherwise, I want to plan a trip down to Monterey Bay one of these coming weekends. Get in touch if you want to go/drive/eat. Let me know.

Ah – gotta work tomorrow, night.

‘Tis all.

No comments:

Post a Comment