Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I Have An Announcement...

Ladies & Gentlemen…

After 10 months of what can only be described as a living hell — wondering what is wrong with me, where did I go wrong in my career and my life, do I have a personality flaw, why am I being rejected on all sides — yet persevering and praying; having friends, family, blogger buddies, and strangers give to me and my daughter out of the generosity of their precious hearts; coming to a place of personal growth as I grew in compassion toward the down & out, growing stronger in faith as I became more dependent on God; watching and waiting; journaling my ups and downs here on my blog and on Twitter & Facebook…

The search is over.

And here’s the BEST part…

I got a job at a place I have wanted to work since they broke ground there.

It is only 2 miles from my house going against the flow of rush hour!!!  That’s right folks, NO MORE Tweets that say “I-24=parking lot” from me!!!

Plus, there is room for growth and advancement.

I will be back in a setting that gives me opportunity to show compassion where it’s needed most:  patients who are sick and down…and families who need a smile or someone to give them a listening ear and assistance.

Starting out, to get my foot in the door, I will not be working a full 40-hours per week.  It’s ok, though…sometimes, you have to pay some dues to get to where you wanna be. I’ve done it before (hello, music business), and I can do it again.

That being said, anybody who needs some freelance writing, editing, typing, proofreading, session singing (I read numbers!), yard mowed, painting, or for Jan & I to come and do some cool wall treatments and design in your home, give me a shout!

Words are not sufficient to express my gratitude for how you wonderful people have hung in there with me throughout this treacherous journey.  With all of the bad we see reported on in this world, the human kindness that me and my daughter have had bestowed upon us through this time has been nothing short of life-sustaining.

For that, I want to say…

Thank you.  I love you.

Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment