Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The 9-5 job. It’s a choice

Even since the age of about 22 after I completed my national service , my whole mindset is about opening up a business, being a businessmen and never in my mind I will be working for people. Started the 1st business and was considered a successful one and it was a “roller-coaster” ride for me in my businesses. Of course, being young at that point both have their own advantages and disadvantages.

Advantage is that I have all the energy and drive to achieve my goals and objectives. The major disadvantages is that being inexperienced, many a times I do not even know I was swimming with the sharks and sometime I was being eaten alive and I do not know what had happened!

Business is not always plain sailing but one important thing we need to know – We learned from experience and from the experience we can use it to our advantages. Many things can learned from books, the “feel” you generated from past experiences usually cannot be acquire from anywhere.

There are 2 types of people that generate income from themselves. Those who convert their time and earn a fixed income basing to “selling” their time. (The workers) And of course those who covert time into money. (The Businessmen) Who will be the ultimate group that can go far? All I can say is that “The Businessmen” who covert their time into money will always have the extra edge in the long term. Yes, business may fail, but so will jobs, the risk factors basically is about the same.

Hence my challenge to people out there who still believe that having a stable job is the BEST way to live, ponder again…. What have you miss out in life? You have spend 1/3 of your time everyday in your job and left with only a few hours for yourself less your sleeping time. Basically there is not much time left everyday, have you spend enough time with your family, your parents, your spouse and your children? Where were you when they really need you.

I believe life is more than just 9 to 5, its a matter of choice, ultimately what is your life objective? To be a 9 to 5? I believe it’s more than that. Think hard and maybe one day you could discover the answer. (It’s sadden to know that many people does not know the answer even after they die.)

No comments:

Post a Comment