Friday, February 5, 2010

Volunteering

So, I don’t have a whole ton to report today. I somehow forgot to take “foodie” pics over the last 24 hours –  but we had pasta with tomato sauce, shrimp and feta for dinner last night – and it was delicious.

I’m feeling a lot better about things out here today – I’ve had a relaxing day so far, watched a few Friends DVD’s this morning and slept in nice and late – I’d call that a pretty good start to a Friday.

The boy also had his initial review at his job yesterday and got a nice bonus out of it – which was a nice surprise and I guess that means they like him :) . Much to his dismay, I think he might actually be slowly turning over a new leaf and moving from the student to professional mindset. I know this because he said he thinks he might spend some of his newfound wealth on “work clothes”.  This is EPIC people, EPIC. He is actually going to let me take him shopping, and maybe – just maybe – one of these days the beer shirts will disappear all together. I love it when he dresses up, so this whole “working professional” thing is a nice perk.

Things have been looking up a bit for me job-wise in the last day or so as well, but nothing is confirmed and I refuse to get my hopes up over this stuff. Whatever happens, happens.

I also spent most of last night working on some volunteer stuff I had offered to assist with. I gotta say, I have a newfound appreciation for volunteering, since I moved out here. Its becoming a great way for me to meet people, and because I like to be busy 24/7 – its helping a little in that department as well.

I’ve volunteered before, but I’ve always had a hard time balancing full-time work and that in the past – but I’m definitely going to make it more of a priority in my life.

Anyways, I think tonight we might make a quick dinner at home (*yay* for cost-effectiveness), but after we’ll probably hit up Boston Pizza for a few drinks and appetizers. Honestly, drinks and apps is probably my favorite way to spend an evening – totally low-key, good food, and yummy beverages – what could be better?

Do you volunteer? What do you like about it? What keeps you coming back?

[Via http://learningtolivelean.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment