Friday, February 26, 2010

Leaning On Christ My Savior

So, Wednesday, February 24th was a wonderful example of God’s sovereignty. I was part of a reduction in force at my employer. Shocked, stunned to say the least. Day 2 set in a little more, but this morning is when the feelings of disappointment set in. Luckily, I was at my Friday morning men’s group.

Something I have tried to maintain throughout the last coupleof days is faithfulness in God. I can honestly say I have a real peace about all this.

Philippians 4:7

“And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

This is so true. I could be bitter. I could dwell on things. I could be depressed. All these feelings, though, won’t help me get a new job. Even more, they won’t help me be a light in the darkness as I’m called to be as a child of God.

Don’t get me wrong; this is not easy. Every fleshly part of my body is crying out to be heard. But I have chosen to follow Jesus. That choice, the only real choice I have, is what is saving me, from, well…me.

I am praising God that He knows His plans.

Jeremiah 29:11

“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.”

Just today was an amazing blessing. My contacts are now medically necessary. This may not seem awe-inspiring or may seem more like a curse rather than blessing. Because of being necessary, my $516 contact lenses are only $30! Obviously, money is tight now, and the Lord has provided.

I am still praying. I still believe. I am still leaning on Him. I can say I am eagerly waiting for God; and for whatever He has in store for me.

Romans 8:28

“And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.”

[Via http://blessednoise.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment