Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Find a Career You Love

Tonight we are excited to present Find A Career You Love tele-class at 7pm (central)!  You can still sign-up – it is a tele-class for goodness sakes, so we always have room.  This is a relaxed way for you to discover your career direction that you can do in your PJ’s!

About Me

Years ago, I was an IT professional.  I graduated with a degree in Management of Information Systems, and my first job out of college was programming (in COBOL) 3% death benefits for a variable annuity company – so when the annuity holder died his/her family would receive a 3% bonus.  Morbid and sad, but boring!  If you haven’t started yawning yet, I’ll do it for you!

I’ve always been good at computers from a young age.  I didn’t actually “love” them, but I had a strong apptitude for computers.  It seemed the right career path to follow.  I followed that career for many years, and I literally dragged myself into work each morning.  I never “excelled”, but I always “got by”.  I jumped from job-to-job thinking that it was the company’s fault that I wasn’t happy. 

After working in information technology for far too many years, I finally got fed up.  I couldn’t take it anymore.  I hired a Career Coach to help me find my passions.  I use much of that material in our tele-class.  Today, I am a Career Coach, Speaker, Show Host, Blogger and Writer on career-related topics.  I’ve been interviewed by news agencies, and found good success with my new career.  But…most of all…I am HAPPY!  I LOVE what I do!

My only regret….

My only regret is that I waited soooo long to find my passion.  I was interviewed by a show host a few years ago.  His show’s tagline was “Life’s too short to be in a career you hate”.  AMEN to that, brother! 

Are you getting fed up?  Jumping from job-to-job?  Silently crying while you sit in traffic on your way to or from work?  Isn’t life too short for all that mess?

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jay Markunas is a Career Coach who is in a career he LOVES!  Along with his partner, Angela Loëb, will be hosting the Find a Career You Love tele-class TODAY!  Included in the class is a Career Profile – DISC Assessment, the CareerFinder Method(TM) Worksheets, and 90-minutes of instructions on taking the first step to a career you love!  

Through his company, Great Occupations, Jay helps job seekers and career shifters by offering The Job Search Boot Camp webinar, Find a Career You Love tele-coaching event, career & job coaching services, and career-related products. Each 1st & 3rd Saturday, he & Angela host The Job Search Boot Camp Show – which also available on iTunes.

[Via http://greatoccupations.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment