Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Movie

I was excited to see Percy Jackson and we finally went last night!

However, it was disappointing. I know I usually have something positive to say about book-movies, I go in with the expectation that it won’t be the same. There are cuts for time and it is really a screen adaptation, not complete book. But this movie was so different from the book it was distracting. They left out major characters, they captured almost none of the beautiful imagery in the book, and overall just completely told a different story. If this is the only movie, I can go with it. But if they try to do the whole series (which why would they not being money hungry movie freaks) I do not understand how it will work. I wonder what Rick thinks… :-(

I am almost finished with a new exciting book. Caught up in my class finally. And soon will be out of a job! A sucky, stressful job, so woohoo!

[Via http://outsidethemean.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment