Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The 'free' in freelance

Since there are absolutely no jobs out there and no hope for expanding the search to further places due to the expense, I am considering continuing this blog as a diary – not including personal information but more like musings of the everyday happenings in the world.

In this way I can keep writing and therefore won’t give up on my ambition of being a lifestyle/feature writer…

The only thing is that this can only be done for so long as unfortunately I will again be in need of money and probably abandon my post as a potential freelancer.

WOW. The economy has really put the ‘free’ in freelancer these days. I’ve been a voluntary magazine editor since I graduated (almost a year) and also contributing with other articles to various publications on a voluntary basis.

It’s a lose-lose situation; there are thousands of intelligent people out there who are happy to see themselves published for nothing – leaving people like me on a career path cul-de-sac where volunteers can be replaced by yet more volunteers. No job security.

[Via http://youonlyseewhatyoureyeswanttosee.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment