Monday, December 21, 2009

promise of a lifetime.

this aren’t parfait right now. probs everything but. but I’m still clinging to the promise of a lifetime. because He hears my every prayer. He holds my tear drops. He mends my wounded heart. He said He’d never leave me. And He has always kept that pledge. He makes a symphony out of my melody of pain. He’s the lover of my soul. He still loves me more than I could ever imagine, even though I’m struggs. I want Him to help me fall apart and take me into His arms. Because it’s hard to be broken without glue to mend.

God is in this. God is working in my brokenness. Maybe He won’t calm the storm. But He’ll calm my heart. He’ll be right there with me. He is right here with me, even when I can’t see or hear Him. He calms my heart, even when I feel everything but calm. He is my peace. He is my rock. He knows everything is going to be alright. I want to believe what He knows. I need to believe what He knows. I don’t want to call him a liar. I do that too much. He isn’t a liar. He is Lord. I want Him to be Lord of me.

I know that my Redeemer lives,

and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. -Job

I want to have that kind of faith. I want to offer all of me. I want Him to be ALL this heart is living for. I want to value Him more than I value life itself. I want to trust Him. I want to believe everything He says. He is The Truth and he speaks the truth.

I want my hands to lifted to the God who gives and takes away. No matter what. I’m not about hypocrisy. I’m about authenticity. I don’t want a double heart. I want a God focused heart. I want my broken heart to still sing. No matter what. Even if He takes it all away, He’ll never let me go. And I’ll still be His.

I want to cling to His promise. I want to cling to His Love.

adhering (or attempting to at least),

coop

[Via http://annamariecooper.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment