Monday, December 28, 2009

If you are happy and you know it!

Have you ever been around someone who is genuinely a happy person? A person that has not had a perfect life, yet somehow manages to use humor, not sarcasm, as well as a good dose of reality to deal with their life. With joy.

It is hard to find those people, but you can usually spot them like this:

1. They normally wear a smile. A genuine smile, that you can feel.( When I smiled at them, they scarcely believed it; the light of my face was precious to them.)Job 29:24

2. They state the facts, they don’t exaggerate how bad that situation was, nor do they gloss it over. They just tell it like it is. 2 Cor. 12:6 Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth. But I refrain, so no one will think more of me than is warranted by what I do or say.

3. They are looking past the situation towards the next thing. For example. It isn’t just  about the situation, it is about what else is coming up. They realize that life still goes on, no matter how bad it may seem today… this too shall pass. (If a man dies, will he live again? All the days of my hard service I will wait for my renewal to come) Job 14:14

4. They don’t gossip, they keep the nitty gritty stuff to themselves. Or they share only with confidants, not every person they come into contact with, or anyone who will listen. (For I am afraid that when I come I may not find you as I want you to be, and you may not find me as you want me to be. I fear that there may be quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, factions, slander, gossip, arrogance and disorder.) 2 Cor. 12:20

5. They are encouragers, they see you, really see you. They know when you are hurting without you ever telling them, and they encourage you. They give you courage. (But my mouth would encourage you; comfort from my lips would bring you relief.) Job 16:5

These are the signs of a happy person. It is always important that we have atleast one of these people in our lives. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if we could have 10 of them! What if we had 100 of them! Or if every person we came into contact with was one of these happy people! Ah, what a wonderful world this would be…

Have a great day!

[Via http://cunhvn.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment