Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2009 - What a year! What a year!

I know, I know, another boring year end post. But I have to admit, a lot of things happened to me this year that I really loved. I am going to try to remember as many of those that I can, because honestly, as the years go by, my memory is not all that it used to be. So let’s see…

I started on a new job journey. I don’t know if this is even considered a good thing. A lot of things happened at work that made me uneasy and well, basically stressed and unhappy. They hired me to do one thing, ended up doing another, and if that wasn’t enough, I ended up doing another job and finally the final one which I am now quitting at. Confusing? Read another couple of times. You’ll get it. So at the start of 2010, I’ll be jobless. The company itself has a lot of flaws, starting with an Malaysian Indian MOFO who thinks he’s bloody American and builds his company in Malaysia while stating its a U.S. based organization. Total bullshit.

This is also the year where El Rey and I strengthened our relationship. We went to the Netherlands to meet his family, travelled, argued, made up, got proposed, hitched and now expecting an addition to the family! This is also the year where we seriously looked into real estate options and found ourself a nice small condo which overlooks a beautiful golf course. Also, really disappointed at not being able to get the Type C Condo at Ara Hill.

Gambled almost every Friday. This is crazy, because we don’t really do anything much anymore…and just hang out, watch a movie, yum cha, gamble and well becoming old folks.

El Rey buying me really expensive gifts. And I mean, really expensive.

The joy and frustration of looking at furnitures and house decoration and renovating issues. We managed to secure our sofa, mattress (Slumberland), outdoor, dining table and little bits here and there. The entire renovation for the kit-bath is not even finalized or started.

The weeks of torture endured when El Rey goes on his work trips.

Low key birthday parties from the besties.

Learning to cook a “couple” of meals…with El Rey breathing down my neck for not cutting the onions the “right” way.

Travelling to the Netherlands, Thailand, Bali and more!

AS started his flight school and it was all he could talk about for weeks and now months and counting…

But overall, this year proved to be passing by extremely quickly. And I am now 25 years of age. When my cousin JO was 25 and me 23, I was still laughing at her mid 20’s crisis. Now that I’m here there is no such things as a mid 20’s crisis.

So now Year 2010. What will the year hold? I know in January I will be waiting for the good news! And in June I will be expecting and in August, the wedding party, then September, most probably off to Canada!

So what is my New Year’s resolution? To be a patient mother and try not to throw the baby out of the window when it cries for no reason.

Maybe I am going to start a week to week diary on how the pregnancy is coming along.

Oh and this is the first time I am announcing it to the world. So, please…let me do the announcement. Those who read will just need to be patient to tell the news!

Thanks in advance! And Happy New Year ahead!

[Via http://snkillerbeast.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment