Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Action this you bastard

So today is my last day at my job, and then I will be embarking on a bout of emloynessness. So to some up, things I like about my job (as a part time call centre worker – oh the joys):

1. Being able to say things like “have you tried switching it off then on again?” and being able to feel part of the IT Crowd.

2. The grey area – the area that allows me to give to the nice and take from the dickheads. PS: I dont care how long youve been with the phone company, you’re still an arse. On the other hand, if you accept that youve made a lot of calls this month, or it is actually the companies error, I’ll apply whatever credit I can to your account. No problem good friend.

3. Putting the law of karma into my own hands – Do good to nice people, arseholes get nothing.

The things I hate about this job:

1. Bad coffee outlets all around. I’m no coffee connoisseur, but I believe that’s just milk.

2. Racists. “Oh thank god, you’re Australian”. Well done arsehole, I will not be unbarring your account.

3. 35-45 age bracket of men that call me darling. Patronization will get you nowhere.

And the most peculiar thing? How a custoemr can talk on the phone for 10 minutes, you can hear every word that their saying, and still not comprehend the reason they have called or what they need. It’s a strange feeling, and I’ll miss that feeling of complete and utter confusion.

So my word of advice to the people in Bombay who will be taking over my calls – good luck guys, and remember, you are the directors of karma now – don’t let me down!

[Via http://actionthis.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment