Friday, December 18, 2009

His Mom

I want to be like her.  Today and every day of my life.

When I think about her I think maybe I could just change jobs to try to find some semblance of happiness here.  Like, maybe I could cut down to part time in my current job, that way I’d keep my foot in the counseling field.  Then I could get another job as a care-taker to old people.  That’s what I did for five years right before taking the job I’m in now.  I find it to be very fulfilling, un-stressful work.

Or maybe I could work at Cold Stone.

So, I’m thinking maybe – since I’m at a place where something’s gotta give, I can’t keep going on like this – I could try adjusting my work situation here for a year or so, before going all out and flying the coup (i.e. America).

I think of this on the heels of thinking about his mom, because she’s held a variety of jobs, working hard, and thriving in each one.  She says on her FB page, “I’ve made keeping up with life’s changes my full time career.”

She emanates joy and peace.  And I want that.  Just like she’s got.

[Via http://thebackofmymind.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment