Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Your Limiting Beliefs Determine Your Success

Sounds crazy, buy your limiting beliefs will determine your success. I am not talking about you religious beliefs. I am talking about your inner most, deepest and possibly very secret limiting beliefs. Everyone has a set of beliefs that runs their life. Like an operating system in a computer. These limiting beliefs have been learned and picked up from any number of sources throughout our lives. Some of these limiting beliefs could have been a part of you since childhood. Maybe a grandparent or some other special person in your life told you something that they thought would help you in your life and you have held on to that in the form of a limiting belief. You may have gotten limiting beliefs from parents, friends, relatives, employers, television, books or you created your own limiting beliefs.

Limiting Beliefs Are Holding You Back

My grandfather that I was very close to died many years ago, but I always held on to something he used to say “you can’t depend on anyone but yourself for a job or income”. That was a very powerful statement to young man at the time. Today it seems to ring true, in regards to a job and security. That statement had become one of my limiting beliefs. The meaning of that belief can be analyzed in a couple different ways. For one I have had to work hard on being able to delegate anything over the years, I felt that I had to do everything to get the job done, or at least to get it done properly. On the another hand it may have been what brought out my entrepreneurial spirit. Seems to have been a double edge sword. After examining that limiting belief years later and making the changes I needed to make, I learned to delegate and hold people accountable so I could make the best use of my time. This is just one limiting belief that had an impact on my life and success. Everyone has limiting beliefs that impacts their life and their success mindset.

What Are Your Limiting Beliefs?

Do you have limiting beliefs like these? I am not smart enough! I am too young! I am too old! I can’t do that! I can’t make that much money! I have to work more hours to make more money! I don’t know how to do that! I don’t have a degree! I have heard so many more from people in all walks of life. Do your thoughts consist of positive thinking and those that support a mindset for success? Examine your beliefs and determine how they are limiting you!

Click here to see how I make money online from home.

Click here to see the original post.

[Via http://chasingwealth.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment