Friday, January 1, 2010

Auld Lang Syne

For auld lang syne, my dear, for auld lang syne, we’ll take a cup of kindness yet, for auld lang syne.

Happy New Year to one and all, welcome to a new year, a new decade, a new start.

The last few days have been a quiet affair, after planning a new years party, and everybody letting me down over the last week I decided to just have  quiet one with some friends. I can understand, I did decide to have a party quite late, so everybody already had plans or else was unable to make it. But oh well I still had a good one.

Spent the evening with my neighbours just having a few drinks, a laugh, and good ‘ol sing-song on the karaoke! this has also helped me decide that I want next year to be bigger and better! going to plan earlier, invite everybody earlier and generally be more organised!

As 2009 was let out the back door, and 2010 in the front door.  the three of us went out in the street to watch the fireworks and wish our other neighbours a happy new year. only problem with this was that nobody else, was out! ok, given it was -1 they should still come out to welcome in the new year? shouldn’t they? it’s always been a tradition in liverpool, everybody comes out at midnight? maybe it’s just the different areas? will have to find out about that one :p

So here we are January 1st 2010,

The start of a brand new year and a brand new decade! what are they calling this decade by the way? the Teenies? will have to find that out too.

Time to make some New Years resolutions I think….

1. Get fit!

2. Concentrate more on getting a full-time permanent job

3. Keep my house tidy!

4. Keep in touch with my little brother, and try to get him to visit once in a while

5. Get my finances sorted.

6. Be more organised > with everything! Life, Work, everything really

7. Keep car clean!

8. Enjoy everything i do this year

9. Links to number 1 but, join a gym?
10. Read one book a week.

Wow there does seem a lot there! i wonder how many i can keep? so are obviously more easy than others and hopefully I can obtain my goals, others I’ve been trying for years, getting fit and sorting money out, now I’m going to stick to them. I want to be financially secure as soon as possible, I’ve recently (3months) moved into a new house and only been a part-time worker. so things have been a little tight, but hopefully all this will change with the new year and a new job :)

I would also like my own permanent proper teaching job, with a class of my own. I think I’ll keep looking for jobs on this one.

Others are just silly ones that I should do automatically but i just haven’t had the time or the inclination to do it, for example as I sit here I know my car is a disgrace, I know there are at least 3 coffee cups in the cup holders – and theres only ever me that gets in it! I really should try harder at keeping it tidy! it’s just laziness really, oh and McDonald’s coffee on the way to work. that’s it! I can blame McDonald’s for it! lol

So now I sit here with my still blocked ear, I can’t hear a single thing out of my left ear and it’s so irritating! what a fab way of starting the new year! lol nevermind

anyway, I’m looking forward to Doctor Who tonight, even it is the last one with David Tennant :( thats a bit of a downer.

I hope everybody has a wonderful New Year I hope you all get everything you need and a little bit of what you want :)

[Via http://jamesashton20.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment