Friday, January 15, 2010

Great day

I feel so incredibly blessed right now!  After a while of some hard days and not-so-fun days, I had another good day today.  In fact, today was a great day!  Here’s why:

–Finished my pattern completely!  It launches tomorrow!  I hope you’re excited about this and that someone feels it’s worthy to buy.  Trial by fire, but I’m excited.  I’ve worked very hard on it.

–Watched the new episode(s) of 30 Rock, pretty much my favorite show right now.  I thought it didn’t restart until next week, but then a friend mentioned it to me today and I realized that it actually restarted last night, so I watched it on Hulu!

30 Rock

–Crock Pot–my wonderful mother bought me a crock pot and had it mailed to me!  Today there was a knock on the door and a nice UPS man with a giant Amazon.com box asked me to sign.  Talk about a lovely surprise!  I’m currently soaking beans to make into a lovely bean soup tomorrow!

–Chunky knitting–I cast on a new project today for a (possible) future pattern for a chunky infinity scarf.  These are really hot right now and I have been dying to make one, so after all that head-splitting of writing my pattern, I cast this chunky scarf on.  It’s looking lovely and knitting up super fast.  What fun!

–Returning a book–I returned one of the books I bought last week today because my Mom remembered that she already had a copy of it.  She mailed it to me (yay for old books with character, yellowed pages, and marginalia!  I’m not being facetious.  I really do love old books.  They have character!)  and I got $12.41 credited back to my credit card.  Not a ton, but it’s something!

–Relaxed library strolling–I went to the library today to stroll around and look for a certain book recommended to me by a friend, found it, and then proceeded to just wander around the library for a while and take pictures.  I love the feel, smell, look, etc. of libraries.  I can’t describe it.  Even when I have no desire whatsoever to pick up a book and read, just walking around libraries always gives me this sense of mystery, calm, and intrigue.  Just being in the presence of so many books makes me feel calmer, smarter, and happier.  So I took a LOT of pictures of things that embody the marvelousness of libraries to me, including comfy chairs, kitsch decorations, funny book titles, and the contrast between the “actual” art hanging on the walls and the inherent artisticness (in my opinion) of same-colored books grouped together in an interesting way.

–Friends and coffee–I met a friend from school today at a cute little coffee shop to chat.  She is so great and so encouraging to me!  Thanks for brightening my day!

Finally,

–I got a job!  It’s not necessarily a great job and may or may not last a while, but I finally have a source of income, the ability to tell nay-sayers that I have a job, and it sounds like it might be really fun.  To make matters even cooler, I start Tuesday!

Did you have a good day?  List off anything you did today that made you happy, no matter how big or small.

(And now your moment of zen:

)

[Via http://artohline.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment