Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2010 Goals

Momma always said, “Better Late Than Never.” Or was it someone else?

Anyway, I know I’ve already spent 6 days without goals which pretty much buys me a one-way ticket to the lowest rung of hell. But before I go to confession to try to salvage my soul, here are my goals for 2010:

    Financial:

– Increase my monthly contribution to my Roth to $300

– Start a 401K

– Double my Net Worth (so I’m shooting for $33,766)

– Budget? (The question mark is there for a reason. I’m hoping to start budgeting someway, somehow, so I’m going to leave this as a very open-ended goal)

– Cancel 2 credit cards

– Take another bill from parents (Essentially my paying the Electric Bill is the only form of Rent I’m paying. It’s a toss up between Cable and Phone and I’m leaning towards Cable…)

– Move my savings to another bank (I’ve complained enough…)

    Blog

– Participate in 12 blog carnivals (that is 1 per month. Come on Newbie, you can do it!)

– Write at least 3 posts a week

– Change the theme (grey, blue and orange are so 2009…)

– Buy a domain name (right now mine is on backorder…still deciding whether it is worth buying at a higher price [18.99 vs 9.99] or waiting and crossing my fingers…)

– Do a monthly update of my net worth

– Get more readers (I love you guys, please come back?)

    Personal

– Work out 3 times a week (maybe I’ll do this with blogging?)

– Make one meal a month

– Study my cheeks off for the GMAT

– Apply/Get into to B-School

– Get a raise (or promotion or both…if anyone is listening, HAHA)

– Team Lead 2 Community Service projects and Volunteer at least once a month

– Update my resume once a month

– Network (the dreaded cold call or mixer. I will challenge myself to at least one per month)

– Add $5 to each of my donations (I have a list of charities that I’ll go into in another post…)

– Read one book a month (after I’m done with the GMAT…lol, so 8 books!)

– Travel with BF ( we’re planning on Costa Rica. Actually this goal is half accomplised because we have the hotel, flight, and activities. But you never know with these things…)

So those are my goals. I really feel like I need more goals, but this is a start. If I can accomplish all of these this year, then I will challenge myself to harder and more goals next year. Also, for those with a keen eye, there are 24 goals in total since I’m turning 24 in April. OWW!

[Via http://investingnewbie.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment