Friday, January 29, 2010

Cutting losses

Another stumper: “The more time you take to make a decision, the harder it will be for you to recoup any loss you’ve incurred. Money matters can be resolved if you collect or pay an old debt. Get busy before it’s too late.”

As I’ve said, I can NEVER make decisions. But in this case, I’m not sure what it’s referring to, other than the fact that I have this constant dialogue in my head: “Should I send in a resume for that cool-sounding job I just saw posted, or should I really commit to full-time freelancing, as scary as it is?” I can understand how making the commitment might help me focus more, but how would it help me offset previous losses? The other constant script is, “Should I stay in my current home, or move, despite the loss I’d take on the value of the home?” Hey, maybe that’s it!! OK, I’ll get busy looking at real estate — one of my favorite obsessions, anyway.  I can’t think of any old debts, whether owed to or by me. Clarity, please, oh cosmos!

[Via http://loonar.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment