Monday, January 11, 2010

Intro

My name is Yarin, I’m 26 and live in a rented apartment in Tel Aviv.  I recently finished six years of military service in the IDF.  Before my service I went to Bar Ilan University, there I studied economics and logistics.  In the army I served as a logistics officer in different field units.  Over the past years, working as a logistics officer I gained a great deal of experience in the field of logistics as the demands in the army are great and as there’s no room for mistakes.  Twenty-four hour days and long periods of time away from home with the troops gave me a good amount of experience.  From supply chain management to budget and resource planning to commanding over different logistic departments I learned a great deal over the time of my military service.

Now that I finished my service and after 3 weeks of vacation in NYC and Southern California I’m back home and need to start looking for a job.  I know there are different ways to tackle job searching and am thinking where I should start; networking, human resource firms, searching online sites, newspapers, or even e-mailing companies that interest me just to introduce myself even though they might not have any positions open at the moment.

Furthermore and most important I have to decide what I’m looking for.  I have a big advantage in the field of logistics because I both studied it at school and have years of experience in the field.  On the other hand I’m not sure logistics is the field I want to develop a long term career in.  A field like marketing especially when used in social media seems like a field I would like to find out more about.  So now I’m going to begin my search on 3 fronts: 1. look for temporary work such as bar tending. 2. look for jobs in the field of logistics. 3. Find out more about social media and what opportunities it holds.

[Via http://myfirstjobsearch.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment