Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day 68: ShiFTing with change

GRACE did…

What to do, what to do?!?  I could say I ShiFTed the World by volunteering my time for the Network 24/7 job transitions group when I gave a presentation on Time Management this morning.  But I wanted to do something else.

There are a few surprises waiting for a child at the local grocery store!  I chose my three favorite turn-crank machines to plug money into.  Which ones did I choose?

  1. Pet Tattoos
  2. Erasers (ice cream cones, smiley faces etc.)
  3. HUGE gum ball

If only I could see the smiling face of that child!

JESS did…

Wow. Today’s ShiFT was so easy you might not call it a legitimate ShiFT. Then again, I think it was meant to show me a lesson.

I was making a return at my favorite store. (Yep, Target.) After I had been helped I was standing at the counter folding up my re-usable tote bag and putting my wallet away. The customer service associate was so efficient that she already had the next person in line rung up before I had left. I heard the Target employee say to the customer; “Your return is $8.99. If you have a penny I can give you $9.”  Unfortunately the guest did not have her wallet with her. I was so happy to exclaim: “Well I have a penny!” I think I may have looked a little spastic. It was an opportunity I could seize to ShiFT the World and it had fallen straight into my lap without any plan at all. I was ecstatic. I let the customer know about the happiness movement. I think she might think I am a little crazy. I was after all pretty enthused about giving her a penny.

In any case I think that the lesson I was supposed to notice today was this: ShiFTing can be so effortless if your heart and mind are open to see the opportunities right in front of me! I dig that lesson, and I am ready for more ShiFTing tomorrow.

PS. I really think it would have been nasty to have to carry around 99 cents in change :0)

[Via http://shifttheworldwithjessandgrace.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment