Friday, November 13, 2009

My Community and I

I am Ibrahim Okoth, 18 years of age and am currently completing my secondary education this year. I live with my single mother at Kawangware slums.

I am a member of an association known as Deliverance Youth Association (DYA). We are

Concerned about the environment around us and we are trying to make it conducive for every one by making it clean.

The association members raise money to enable them buy sufficient cleaning materials for clean ups in the community where we live and we do this at least two times in a month. We also help our fellow brothers and sisters who live on the streets by giving economical support, give them advice on how to better their lives.

We raise money by selling water and supplying it to people in the community who can not manage to fetch water by themselves.

Undugu Society of Kenya is an NGO that helps and advises us. They come to our meetings and encourage and train us on life skills and how to be better people in the community.

In my leisure time I compose music and perfect my talent as an artist. The association also organizes plays and programs that teach people how to live in peace and harmony amongst ourselves.

All in all our aim is to change the environment and each and every one to have a better life in our community and societies that we live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment