Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Learning to Let It In

It’s Wednesday and harder than I thought to write on a consistent basis. Whew! Hats off to you real bloggers. And for someone who has so much to say this should be a no brainer for me.LoL.

Anyway, to catch up my assignment ended on the last day of October, so I’ve been home last and this week. I really didn’t expect to have this lay over and have had some mixed feeling about it especiall in regards to the Law of Attraction and my practice of allowing. I mean did I attract being unemployed? I can after some jounaling and intense window shopping at a local luxury mall I think I have the answer.

I did want to work closer to home and in order to do that I would have to leave my current job. Gotta leave one to get to the other. My commute was an hour and a half each way, making my days way too long, like 12 hours and leaving too little time for V. So I understood that since I was very clear.

So the part I understand. But not going right back to work was a hard pill to swallow and something I never expected. I thought I was thinking the right thoughts and had my feelings going down stream until further examination. I knew I wanted to work close to home, but I also wanted more money and to do work that engaged me in the best way possible. Now understand I said I WANTED it. I didnt say I believed I could have it. And there in lies the problem. To be perfectly honest somewhere in me I felt I was asking for too much. I was sending mixed signals and got mixed results. All along I was really telling myself I can do with out this or that as long as I went back to work that was most important. And there’s nothing wrong with that. After all, it is true. The bills have got to be paid and baby has got to eat.

So I decided to accept what I believe and stop reaching to a thought that I wasn’t in full alignment with. And guess what, when I did that my agency sent me an email saying they had a client who wanted to interview me THE SAME DAY! What a wonderful confirmation. And it didnt stop there. I got a piece of mail from a company I used to work for letting me know the balance of some stock I had purchased when I worked for them over a year ago. And guess what I called them and am going to sell my 25 shares and $100 will be in my account by C.O.B. Monday.

Yep, it really does work. My interview went well, so well they called me in the next day for a second to meet with the guy I’d be supporting. And to top it off, my commute would be cut in half.

I will say briefly and with little to know power behind it, (just so you can see where I’m coming from) it is also not some of the things I didnt want, if that makes any sense. You know how Abraham can say something with out making it seem up stream….in plain talk, the pay is a little less than what I was making and the job has more demands than my previous. But its okay because it only serves as a valuable reflection letting me know where I am and that is always welcomed into my reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment