Wednesday, October 21, 2009

time flew, lots new

Two weeks into my new bank job and I’m really starting to miss the freedom and excitement of journalism.

I know I’ll go back one day. But in the meantime, I have to get up at an ungodly hour, commute with everyone and their mom out to Oakland, eat and drink only on strictly scheduled breaks, watch my language, learn a staggering new lexicon of acronyms and sales jargon,  smile through the insomnia-induced fatigue, try my damndest to stay awake in class and suffer in heels and a suit all day.

Just.Like.The.Rest.Of.Them.

It’s potentially a soul-sapping business, but definitely an interesting new endeavor for me.  Most interesting are the personalities in my banker’s class (which lasts through November, btw, afterwhich I’ll start working at an East CoCo County branch as a personal banker): The loudmouth, the self-important-but-secretly-insecure finance major, the should-be-comedian, the cowboy-veteran, the single mother, the aspiring pediatrician, the still-figuring-out-what-to-do-in-life bio major, the quirky cute girl, the dime-a-dozen career retailer and, of course, the eagle-eyed “facilitator” (that’s bank-speak for teacher).

It’s fun-ish, but Jeweezus, I never realized what a goddamn timesuck work could be. I’ll still try to keep ya posted, via this blog, though (more photos, more posts, more often).

Later, lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment